not necessarily about everything that i dropped off on the paper!: "Hurricane" the movie

Sunday, December 12, 2004

"Hurricane" the movie

The other day I was watching the movie "Hurricane" (1999) -based on a true story- starred by Denzel Washington who played Rubin “Hurricane” Carter, a professional boxer who was convicted of murder and then freed years later after activists worked to prove his innocence.

Here's its catch-phrase or my favourite quote of it:

"If hate put me in prison, love's gonna bust me out of it."


3 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I always thought that I should write movie catchphrases for a living. Some days I just ooze cheesy shit like that.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A true story, except that Carter admitted his guilt after being released from prison. The producers were sued by an ex-opponent of the Hurricane for falsely showing Carter winning their bout instead of being knocked out as really happened.

"Based on a true story" is a very vague statement.

10:08 PM  
Blogger m rasoulov said...

Yea...it is a very vegue statement & thats why it's in beetween 2 (-).

Anyway thank you for your comments

Thank you jay & thanks to K too.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home